Wednesday, September 30, 2009

“No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.”

by Lin Yutang

It's incredibly true, every time I come home, my bed feels like heaven. It's a comforting cloud even when I've come from a great trip. Today I went to the meeting for international exchanges and I am ecstatic. I believe travel is so important in life and to experience other cultures. I've been to the U.S, Spain, Finland, Sweden, Dominican, Mexico
and a few other places. It was a shame that there were no exchanges to Sweden since I already speak Swedish, but ultimately I want to go to Japan. Unfortunately I don't speak Japanese which could be a problem when having an exchange student here and being over there. I could take a course in Japan for the Japanese language, but that would be over the summer and I wouldn't have the chance to actually go to school there. I do know of a Japanese school and I have an acquaintance who teaches it, but I don't know when I'd have the time. Ultimately my goal will be to go to Japan and I am determined to learn it, so if you can teach me Japanese, I would be so grateful. Otherwise my other course of action would be a trip to France, in which case I would learn french as best I could and the challenge the French exam so I no longer have to take the french classes. Wish me luck !

Bon Voyage
Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment