Thursday, October 1, 2009

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."

by Eleanor Roosevelt

For awhile now, I've been preparing a speech for Drama. It consisted of the difference between a nerd, a geek and a dork. I figured it was a light subject and fun to present. Although the entire point of the project was to help our public speaking, I was determined to entertain my audience. I researched and practice and I was a ready as I was ever going to be. I'm not the type to be scared on stage, I have no problem performing as a character (Note I've never actually been in a huge production) But even so with the small stuff there has been no problem. Though while I was doing my speech I was suddenly dizzy with fright. My legs were shaking and I couldn't remember what I was going to say. It was awful. But it was the first time I've spoken a speech since grade one and my drama teacher likes me so it was alright. I managed to finish relatively smoothly after a deep breath. I think it was a good experience. I guess there's a first time for everything.

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment